As faculty at George Brown College and members of OPSEU Local 556, your local union dues support six $1,000 scholarships for full time students that can demonstrate a financial need. These scholarships are made possible through your local union dues deductions. As directed by the membership, three of the six scholarships are dedicated to full time aboriginal students and the other three are for the full time student population at large.
To apply for any of these scholarships, the student is to forward a brief essay outlining the following:
- Their name and contact information
- Which scholarship they are applying for (i.e. Aboriginal, or General)
- Provide a brief description of their background
- List the program and year of study that they are currently enrolled in
- Outline the reason(s) applying for the scholarship (note: financial need will be given top priority).
The letter of application must have an attachment from one of their Professors that contains a brief endorsement.
The completed documentation is to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must be received by Friday March 20th, 2020 and only the successful applicants will be notified. Applications received after March 20th, or without an endorsement letter will not be considered. The successful applicants will be posted on our website www.opseu556.org in early April.
Your help in ensuring that our full time student population is aware of these scholarships is greatly appreciated.
Tom Tomassi, President
OPSEU, Local 556