All of us at OPSEU Local 556 wish you a warm welcome to George Brown College. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about any aspect of your work here at the college.
The Collective Agreement provides you with the information you need about working in a unionized workplace. The Members’ Manual is a quick reference document that answers day-to-day questions. It contains a lot of invaluable information. Consider this manual to be a companion to your Collective Agreement. Each section gives a reference to the Collective Agreement.
The Collective Agreement should be used as the legally binding document in researching questions related to employee rights and responsibilities. Please note that the college’s Policies and Procedures do not supersede the Collective Agreement.
Below is a short checklist that will help make your start-up at George Brown College smoother:
From the College
- Collective Agreement
- SWF (Standard Workload Form) (for full time faculty)
- Employee Photo ID
- Access number for photocopying in your department
- Account number for printing large quantities of handouts at Xerox Print Centre
From Your Union Local (OPSEU Local 556)
- Contact us at ext 2200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your email address
- Sign your Union Membership Application and return it to the Union office
- Get your Union Membership Manual
- Drop in and visit us in the Union office – Room C414, Casa Loma Campus (currently closed due to pandemic restrictions)